Happy Chuseok!

I'm sad I missed Labor Day -- nothing like a good ol' American BBQ. Nothing against the great Korean BBQ, but you just can't beat a cheeseburger with REAL cheddar. I had no idea how hard it is to get real cheese...

Cheese on lock-down in the supermarket

I was craving caprese salad. Missing basil =(
To redeem the fact that we missed a great American holiday, the koreans have given us two days off from school this coming monday and tuesday in honor of Chuseok, the harvest festival, or what we call Korean Thanksgiving. Koreans usually take this 3-day holiday to journey back to their hometown to pay respects to their ancestors and elders. It's also a great time to eat delicious food!
Songpyeon, a crescent-shaped rice cake, eaten during Chuseok; they are steamed upon pine needles.

 
I'm also finding that I'm missing those back home. I received a package from my mom today, with goodies inside:
and yes, skyping these girls makes me miss STL too --

0 comments:

Post a Comment