Spinning to KPop

I had no idea it would be so hard to find a gym in Seoul. It seems that koreans aren't as obsessed with being gym rats as Americans are. We managed to find a good gym close to campus. Things that are a little different from home are that most people wear the gym's uniforms, although they are not mandatory (cotton? during a sweaty workout? blech.). There are also these pink flip flops that people use too, which is odd to see in the gym. I thought it was Gym 101 to never wear open-toed shoes to work out? I guess this goes on a list of rules Koreans don't care to follow.

A guy wearing the pink flip flops on the bike
 We learned there was spin class, but man, were we in for a surprise. I assumed we'd be spinning to KPop, but I have never spun like this in my life. Back home, spin class consisted of speed workouts as well as hills and whatnot. This spin class consisted of what I can only describe as "dancing" on a bike. The regulars knew the routines by heart -- it was a good thing I was in the back. I give myself a month to start getting the motions right! By far the most favorite Kpop song to spin to came on (Roly Poly) by T-Ara.

Before class starts

Blurry, but i think it captures the craziness

Oh, and did I mention disco lights?

1 comments:

Anonymous | December 29, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Hi! Great post! Where is this spinning class?
Sara

Post a Comment