T-Minus 11 Days Left

Yesterday was Thanksgiving, but it didn't feel like it, mainly because we had two classes. It's my first time in my life that I have been apart from my family on Thanksgiving. It's kind of sad, but in a way I am relieved because the pressures that loom during the thanksgiving holiday during school is usually immense; there's always that inner struggle of whether to go home, and if you go home, will there be time to get work done?

My crits with Junsung in the past weeks have been interesting. I think he is a great person to talk to, and you immediately feel his passion for architecture, especially the sensuality of it. This week there were tons of changes that he told me I should consider. I'm usually calm through my crits, but I was at a breaking point. This was last Tuesday.

Jun: "You should really change this part right here... and here... and here... and it would be really wonderful if you...add secret stair...moonbounce..."  (secret stair, yes... moonbounce..i wish)
Me: "TOO LATE JUN! Too late for changes!"
Jun: "No, it's not too late. You have three more weeks."
Me: "Are you crazy?! We have a week and a half!"
Jun: "Oh...well you should change it. And take this stair out. It sucks. It reallllly sucks. I never liked it."
Me:"Why didn't you tell me two weeks ago??" Sighs. "Yes, I guess you are right."

I never like to hide within any bad project, to I bit the bullet and made the changes, which of course made my project better. I hate when people hide from their professors because they might "change everything." Isn't this why we are all slaving away in architecture prison school to begin with? Make ourselves better designers?

Anyways, yesterday's crit with Jun gave me some hope. After I showed him some changes, he says--

Jun: "Your project is really developing nicely. If you had three more weeks, it would be really fantastic."
Me: "Yeah...but I don't."
Jun: "I know. I know."
Me: "Thank you?"


Another post to follow about Thanksgiving dinner!


0 comments:

Post a Comment