The Japan Chronicles: Osaka

Next city after Naoshima - Osaka.

Osaka was a weird city for me -- before I left for Japan, people said it was an artsy part of Japan, with galleries and things like that. I assumed it was a commercialized city, but the foreign influences on it were apparent everywhere. Our professors were with us for one night, and left the next morning, so we had to figure out our own itinerary.

In a hodgepodge two days, we ate italian food, rode a ferris wheel, went to the aquarium, and watched a kid's dance competition. Not the typical experience for what I thought my 3rd day in Japan would be, but we made it work.



We stayed at Bonsai Guest House (highly recommended), which has a bonsai garden on the roof!


Next day, Osaka Castle.

"What's my secret? Inverted push-ups by the castle, of course."





View from the Ferris Wheel


Before the ferris wheel and the aquarium, we took a break in the food court...

Black Sesame Soft Serve Ice Cream. Delicious!
and happened upon a dance competition--

 

Spotted these gems while waiting in line for my ice cream...

Yes. That is weave...and..hip hop attire.

Be careful, i hear they will steal your ice cream



0 comments:

Post a Comment