Kyeongbokgung - Palace at Night

This past week was the review crunch -- for those non-architectural, it's what normal people call Midterms; for us, it's the progress point (or at least that's the idea...) So, of course I thought, what better time than to see a palace during midreview worktime!

I had a pseudo-epiphany: I'm in Korea, and I haven't done any sightseeing in a week. For a project. Something is wrong here. The voice in my head: " I will not let the architecture man bring me down!" So, when I heard there was a chance to see one of the palaces at night, I jumped on it.

Natasha and I went to Kyeongbokgung, the main palace of the five grand palaces of the Joseon Dynasty in Seoul. We only saw a little of the palace complex before we had to head back to studio. SO worth going, even though we had no time to spare.

Hyeungnyemun Gate
 
Main Hall



Gyeonghoeru - Palace Pavilion

Gwanghwamun - Main Gate of the Palaces (South)

0 comments:

Post a Comment